Zephyr Photonics’ high-temperature optical devices can withstand the wide temperatures and other adverse environmental conditions typical in military aircraft, marine and ground vehicles, and satellites. Many of these craft are operate in extreme environments, and require optical interconnect solutions to ensure that they can have access to the optical performance and enhanced throughout capacity while attaining relief from throughput constraints, signal integrity and link reliably issues due to EMI and EMP while maintaining the ability to securely send and receive data in the field.
With our wide temperature, optical interconnect technology, military missions can enjoy greater mission durations and it enables more payload. Our optical interconnects reduce SWaP, are much more reliable than COTS products and underlying components, as well as enhancing data I/O, which ensures that the right people get the right information faster. With faster access to better information, troops can respond faster, ultimately increasing the safety of the military equipment and forces involved.
Defense & Intelligence markets:
- Jet Fighters
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs)
- Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUVs)
- Mission/System Control
- Sensor, Processor & Storage Systems
- Command & Control Systems
- Enhanced High-Resolution Imaging
- Data Management
How Zephyr Photonics Optical Technology Can Help?
- Typical datacom is copper-based and susceptible to electromagnetic interference (EMI) or destructive electromagnetic pulse (EMP). Our technology is EMI and EMP resistant.
- Battery life is a critical issue for all the warfighters’ advanced sensor and communication technologies. Our advanced design allows for minimal power draw.
- Ensuring systems, subsystems and components provide maximum power efficiency and reliability is a key element to maintaining the warfighters’ maximum combat readiness. Our optical technology is natively designed for optimal high-speed performance over a wide temperature range.